sabato 12 marzo 2011

The youth hostel

 

I bought a flat
in Olicev Venac
I opened a hostel
with my brother Milan,
the youth hostel.

I bought a kitchen,
16 bunk beds, 2 toilet bowls,
1 washing machine,
for 4 rooms:
red, blue, yellow and green.

I treated every guest as a friend
“You are welcome, you are safe,
I tell you the truth about my city.
This is free at the youth hostel.

Do you want to wash your clothes?
This is free at the youth hostel.

Do you want to check your e-mail?
Internet is free at the youth hostel.

Do you want to fuck, to buy hash, to bet on horses,
to know where gipsies play?”
I help you, this is free at the youth hostel.
All the net got to know this place,
people come from Germany, France, Greece,
Australia and Spain.

Every evening a new party,
each one talks his language
each one talks every language
each one eats every food
each one eats his food
each one sleeps in his bed
each one sleeps in every bed
each one fucks his girl
each one fucks every girl

But,
Internet now is two euros per hour
ok, something has changed, nothing important,
the mood is the same
I’m still happy to work here,
nothing has changed
at the youth hostel.

But,
the washing machine now is five euros
ok, the mood is the same
I’m happy again to work here,
nothing has changed
at the youth hostel.

But,
I tell my guests to go
to the tourist’s centre to know everything about the place
I don’t talk too much with them
I don’t help too much them
actually, I want to kill them.
Ok, the mood is the same
I’m happy again to work here,
nothing has changed
at the international youth hostel.

Giuseppe Acconcia 
Tratto da "1,2,3 liberi tutti!" 2007

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento